The Arts- Stay Connected: Stay Happy
On-Line Resources for CFUW-Stratford Club
Thank you for your contributions to this list and I apologize if I missed any items. Please contact email@example.com with additional on-line resources, and our list will continue to grow!
- Stratford Festival – Free Thursday evening performances https://www.stratfordfestival.ca
and STRATFEST@HOME $10. per month subscription for legacy films, original content, interviews
- Drayton Festival – Free Sunday evening shows. Contact the box office and sign up for the newsletter draytonentertainment.com
- The Shaw Festival – https://www.shawfest.com/shaw-from-home/#shaw-on-the-home-front
- Art Gallery of Ontario https://ago.ca/programs
- Royal Ontario Museum – check ROM at Home https://www.rom.on.ca/en
- Bata Shoe Museum batashoemuseum.ca
- Cocktails with a Curator at the Frick (Frick Museum, New York) 28 episodes so far
- Smithsonian Arctic Studies Centre Alaska channel Over 100 short films on Inuit and Indigenous peoples’ traditional arts, crafts, etc.
COVID in Urahoro, a small town in Japan. In February, a public museum based in the town’s library asked residents to contribute objects representative of their experiences during the pandemic.
- British Museum – 11 ways to explore the museum from home
- Art Gallery of Windsor – Virtual Tours
- Arts and Culture
https://artsandculture.google.com/partner?hl=en Over 250 galleries and museums around the world that offer virtual tours and/or visits with curators.
- Music on Youtube
Youtube.com Search for most well-known orchestra.
London Philharmonic Orchestra Summer Series is particularly beautiful.
- Shout Sister Choir https://shoutsisterchoir.ca/
- Culinary Arts: The Stratford Chefs School
The Stratford Chefs School offers cooking classes year-round and many people find the immersion into cooking, learning new techniques, experiencing new tastes to be inspirational … and tasty!
- CFUW Reads Book Club
- The Toronto Public Library Eh List Writer Series
- Probus https://www.probus.org/
Fellowship Friendship and Fun-Retired and Loving