Are you new to the Stratford area and looking to meet others and participate in community activities? Join us at CFUW Stratford! We offer a network of women who are active in the community and interested in life-long learning.
We host a monthly speaker presentation and club meeting (September to May), a members’ Seasonal Celebration social lunch in December, and we offer a wide variety of groups that get together, usually monthly, for socializing and learning – from book clubs and cultural outings to lunch and dinner groups and games.
Here are some suggestions for settling into Stratford:
- Find out about local activities, organizations, and services by reading the “community events” listings in the local newspaper (the daily Beacon Herald) and go to the Stratford Public Library to see what’s posted on the big notice board near the entrance.
- Don’t be shy to pick up a street map at the Stratford Tourism Alliance at 47 Downie Street. The streets here are confusing! It helps to know the names and have a visual picture in your head or in your hands.
- Get out to enjoy the beauty of Stratford’s parks and don’t miss the hidden gems of the waterfall, butterfly garden, and arboretum near Gallery Stratford and the trails in the woods at the TJ Dolan Natural Area.
- Volunteering can be a great way to get to know the city and meet people. See what we have to offer through CFUW and also contact Volunteers in Perth or take a look at the volunteer notice board at the Stratford Public Library.
- Check out some of the events specifically for newcomers to Stratford like the “New Neighbours Nights” at the Stratford Public Library, new to Stratford paint night socials at Kind-hearted Studio, and other gatherings that CFUW and local groups may host.
- The City of Stratford has all kinds of information on its website from garbage collection details to parking information, maps, and links to social services and seniors’ resources.