Frequently Asked Questions
What is CFUW Stratford’s mission?
- Our mission is to strive to promote equality, social justice, fellowship and life-long learning for women and girls. CFUW Stratford is a non-partisan, voluntary, self-funded organization and part of a federation with over 100 CFUW clubs across Canada. Since its founding in 1919, CFUW has been working to improve the status of women and to promote human rights, public education, social justice, and peace. We are involved in community outreach and advocacy on many topics, including inter-city transportation, environmental concerns, the gender wage gap and more. Every year, CFUW Stratford awards scholarships to local women pursuing post-secondary education. We also facilitate life-long learning opportunities and fellowship activities for our members.
Who can join CFUW Stratford?
- All women who support our mission! In spite of our long-form name (Canadian Federation of University Women) and our historical roots in the early 20th century connecting women university graduates when women were rare at universities, there is no longer any minimum educational requirement for membership.
Why join CFUW Stratford?
- Monthly general meetings with interesting speakers from September to May (except December)
- Newsletters from CFUW Stratford, CFUW National, and Graduate Women International
- Choose to participate in a wide variety of interest groups
- Make new friends
- Network with other women
- Expand your interests
- Get involved in your community
- Participate in a women’s organization with national and international affiliations, meetings, and conferences
- HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE
How do I join CFUW Stratford?