Festive Walk : Lights On Stratford
Tuesday, December 22 @ 6 p.m.: A Festive Walk to view Lights on Stratford
We will meet in the lower section of the Erie Street parking lot at 6 p.m. for a healthy and fun walk to view the display as part of the Stratford Light Festival.
On your arrival at the parking lot, locate Nora Walden who will be collecting donations for Optimism Place. See the attached document for a list of Urgent Needs at the shelter. If you prefer to make an online gift of money, please visit their website at email@example.com
You can join the walk from start to finish or part way; it all depends on your level of energy, your stamina or your willingness to brave the December weather. Here is our route from start to finish:
- From the parking lot we will make our way through Allen’s Alley to the Made in Stratford outdoor light art installations in Market Square and watch the unique light features projected on the historic City Hall building.
- We will then make our way up Downie Street to Ontario Street for a look at the coordinated light art displays floating across multiple storefronts all the way to Waterloo Street.
- Moving along Waterloo Street, we’ll see lights projected in multiple colours and patterns on inner walls and the lobby of the new Tom Patterson Theatre Centre — a tribute to the Stratford Festival visible from the site as well as the river pathway.
- Our stroll then takes us along the river pathway to the magical display on Tom Patterson Island.
- On our way back to the Erie Street parking lot, we will retrace our steps along the river pathway, and follow Veterans Drive to see the York Street storefront light displays before returning to our cars.
Please let someone know if you decide to leave the walk before we’ve completed it. We don’t want to lose anyone along the way.
Bring along your cell phone if you have one, just in case of an emergency.
Dress warmly. Walk at your own pace. Respect social distancing. Masks are recommended even though we’ll be outdoors.
See you all soon.
Season greetings to anyone unable to join us!